Thursday, June 18, 2009

Responser to Teandra, Week 5

Nik B. said...

Firstly, I think it heavily depends on the custody rights/issues and how the relationship with the mother is. I can see where it becomes a sensitive issue not so much of gender, but rather trust in where his money is going and exactly how much is being allotted for his child. I do think, as discussed in more depth in this weeks discussion board, that this scenario is related to child support/custody issues that occur in the courtroom. In my opinion, many men are discriminated against in the courtroom and then the subsequent aftermath shows a bitter, depressed man seemingly incapable of seeing his children, or at least enough of them, but then having to turn a good deal of his money over to the mother. I have to say, if I were in that poor guy's shoes who had lost a wife, a kid(s), essentially a family, and then money, I'd be just as frustrated and bitter. All in all it is a sensitive issue and while it may be about money right now and specifically, overall it is a sensitive issue for fathers, especially for those who aren't deadbeat dads, and it is one that according to the media and our state of society, women have the supreme advantage in.
June 18, 2009 9:15 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment